-   -   How do I protect selected cells on my worksheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/109703-how-do-i-protect-selected-cells-my-worksheet.html)

Abraz

How do I protect selected cells on my worksheet?

I have a worksheet/workbook which is used by different Cashiers to summarise
their daily Bankings at the end of each. The worhsheet has columns on which
data is entered and totals are calculated in one column where I have put
formulae. I often have problems with some Cashiers who erroneuosly errase
fumulae by touching wrong buttons. how do I protect the cells which have
formulae so that no one type in anything to avoid errasind the formulae?

Gary''s Student

How do I protect selected cells on my worksheet?

The easiest thing to do is to protect ALL the cells and then un-protect only
those cells the user is allowed to modify.
--
Gary's Student