-   -   Check Font? (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/108802-check-font.html)

Bill Foster

Check Font?

Any ideas on how to duplicate that rather unqiue font type that appears
across the bottom of a check where a check shows the check #, ABA #, Account
# etc, each category usually delimited by some unusual characters?

Thanks

David McRitchie

Check Font?

Hi Bill,
They are supposed to be written with magnetic ink.

Anyway the fonts are OCR (Optical Character Recognition) fonts
which you can find on the font drop down on your Excel toolbar,
or you can look in CharMap for them.
---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Bill Foster" wrote in message ...
Any ideas on how to duplicate that rather unqiue font type that appears
across the bottom of a check where a check shows the check #, ABA #, Account
# etc, each category usually delimited by some unusual characters?

Thanks

Bill Foster

Check Font?

Hi David,

Apologies for the delayed reply. Yes OCR.

I don't see them in my font drop down (Excel 2003) or under Insert Symbols
(the character map?). Is there an add-in for additional font types?

Bill