-   -   Excel 2000 filling/copying (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/10874-excel-2000-filling-copying.html)

Matt

Excel 2000 filling/copying

I'm new at Excel so sorry if this is the dumbest question you've ever seen.

I am trying to fill across a row but I want the data to fill like this:
=Sheet4!M6 =Sheet4!M7 =Sheet4!M8

But all I can seem to get Excel to do is fill it like this:

=Sheet4!M6 =Sheet4!N6 =Sheet4!O6

I am assuming that the problem lies in the fact that the other sheet is
oriented in a column where as this is in a row. Is there an easy way around
this or will I have to just type in the correct formula in every cell?

Thanks.

Dave Peterson

How about a little cheating???

Insert a new worksheet (just to keep from cluttering your real sheet)

Put this in A1:

$$=Sheet4!M6

(The $$ will keep the entry text (not a formula).)

Drag it down as far as you need.

You should see something like:

$$=Sheet4!M6
$$=Sheet4!M7
$$=Sheet4!M8
$$=Sheet4!M9
$$=Sheet4!M10
$$=Sheet4!M11
$$=Sheet4!M12
$$=Sheet4!M13
$$=Sheet4!M14
$$=Sheet4!M15

Now copy that range
go to the "real" home for these formulas.
edit|pastespecial|click transpose.

You'll see something like:
$$=Sheet4!M6 $$=Sheet4!M7 $$=Sheet4!M8 $$=Sheet4!M9 ....

Now select those cells.
Edit|replace
what: $$=
with: =
replace all

(make sure you don't make a typo with the sheet name--else you'll be prompted to
find a file for each error!)

(I like to fix one manually--just to see if I did it ok.)

--

Dave Peterson

Matt

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message