-   -   Shifting the contents of cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/101931-shifting-contents-cells.html)

MTC

Shifting the contents of cells

Hi

I am a maths teacher and I want to be able to show how the decimal system
works. For example, take the number 123, I want each digit to be in its own
cell and then when I multiply be ten I want the contents of each cell to
shift left and add a zero., 123o, again with each digit in its own cell.

I know I will haved to write some code but I need some help to get going so
that I can read and write to a cell from a macro or something

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Stefi

Shifting the contents of cells

Hi MTC,

There is no need for any code! Fill in cells like below:
A1: 123 your example number
B1: create a validation list with values 1,10,100,1000
C1: insert formula =A1*B1
D1: insert formula
=IF(ISERROR(MID($C1,LEN($C1)-(9-COLUMN()),1)),"",MID($C1,LEN($C1)-(9-COLUMN()),1))
drag this formula to right until cell I1

Regards,
Stefi

€˛MTC€¯ ezt Ć*rta: