-   -   can I choose office to create a backup file on another drive? (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/10192-can-i-choose-office-create-backup-file-another-drive.html)

Jamo

can I choose office to create a backup file on another drive?

Can I have Excel create a backup of my document automaticaly to my chosen
location?

I know previous versions used to create a backup on the same directory as
the original document.

Gord Dibben

Jamo

Not as far as I know.

Backups are saved in the Excel default file location.

You could create a macro that will save the file at the default location and a
copy to the folder of your choice.

The macro could be run manually or in beforesave code in ThisWorkbook.

Sub BUandSave2()
'Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean)
'Saves the current file to a backup folder and the default folder
'Note that any backup is overwritten
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.SaveCopyAs FileName:="E:\GordStuff\Backup\" & _
ActiveWorkbook.Name
ActiveWorkbook.Save
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub