-   -   Menu Bar (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/100832-menu-bar.html)

Boyd

Menu Bar

I'm having the same problem someone else did. While attempting to use the
Customize function on the Tools menu (on the top menu bar), the Tools
dropdown option just disappeared. Now I just have File, Edit, View, Insert,
Format, Data, Window, and Help options.

How can I get this back? It's critical for the types of things I'm doing in
Excel 2003. Help!
--
Boyd

Gord Dibben

Menu Bar

Right-click on the menu bar and CustomizeToolbars.

Scroll to Worksheet Menu Bar and select then "reset".

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 11:51:01 -0700, Boyd wrote:

I'm having the same problem someone else did. While attempting to use the
Customize function on the Tools menu (on the top menu bar), the Tools
dropdown option just disappeared. Now I just have File, Edit, View, Insert,
Format, Data, Window, and Help options.

How can I get this back? It's critical for the types of things I'm doing in
Excel 2003. Help!

Boyd

Menu Bar

Thanks, Gord. I did finally figure it out, but appreciate your help. Any idea
WHY the Tools item disappeared?--
Boyd