-   -   Sorting in Excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/99200-sorting-excel-2003-a.html)

Stars

Sorting in Excel 2003

When I sort columns that contain blank cells, Excel throws them down to
the bottom. Is there any way to get them to appear at the top of the
sort?

VBA Noob

Sorting in Excel 2003

Hi,

You could try replacing the blanks with a space by clicking Crtl + H
then leave go straight to replace with. Click in cell and press the
space bar once.
Then sort Ascending order

VBA Noob

--
VBA Noob
VBA Noob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33833

Nika Lampe

Sorting in Excel 2003

Hi,

if the cell is empty, it goes at he bottom of the list when you sort, but
you can for example create new column and put there formula like
=if(a2="","",a2) which displays the same data as original column (for example
A).
In this case blank cell will return blank, but because there is formula in
it, blank cells are not treated as blank and they appear at the top of the
sort list.

Regards,
Nika Lampe