-   -   An Operational Problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/98964-operational-problem.html)

PA

An Operational Problem

Using Excel 2002, Excel will not maintain toolbar customizations and will
also not close properly.
1. If a button is added to a toolbar, it functions properly, but when Excel
is closed and then relaunched, the new button has vanished. Found and
deleted Excel10.xlb to no avail.
2. When we attempt to close Excel, using the upper X in the right corner,
or from File | Exit the opened files close but Excel does not. You need to
click the X a second time, or File | Exit a second time to close down the
application.
We have attempted to uninstall Excel, run the Registry Cleaner and then
reinstall. That didnt help either.
There are no viruses and no spyware. We scanned.
If anyone has a suggestion, I would be very appreciative.

Thank you
Paul

Nick Hodge

An Operational Problem

Paul

Do you use Netware/Groupwise?

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"PA" wrote in message
[...]

Yes we do.

"PA" wrote in message
[...]

I suspect you have the issue that grabs control of all the office apps. I
think they call it Office integration??? If you go onto their website it
will give you instructions on how to remove the god-awful thing

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"PA" wrote in message
Yes we do.

"PA" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you, that was the problem.
All is now well in the world of spreadsheets.
Paul

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

I suspect you have the issue that grabs control of all the office apps. I
think they call it Office integration??? If you go onto their website it
will give you instructions on how to remove the god-awful thing

--
HTH
Nick Hodge
Microsoft MVP - Excel