-   -   Linking Tables between sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/97473-linking-tables-between-sheets.html)

BobD

Linking Tables between sheets

I want my Excel file to have 2 sheets with 2 tables.

I want the 2nd Sheets Table to be LINKED to the 1st (so when I update the
1st, the 2nd auto-updates).

Just FYI, Im planning to hide some rows/columns on the 2nd sheet, but still
want it to be linked to & auto-updated from sheet 1s table.

Is this possible in Excel?

Bob.

Marcelo

Linking Tables between sheets

hi Bob,

yes it's possible,

just put on the sheet2
=sheet1!range

range = the source cell of sheet1

eg if you would like the cell a2 on sheet 2 shows the cell a2 on sheet 1
result

=sheet1!a2

hide rows or columns will not have influence on the formulas

hth
regards from Brazil

"BobD" escreveu:

I want my Excel file to have 2 sheets with 2 tables.

I want the 2nd Sheets Table to be LINKED to the 1st (so when I update the
1st, the 2nd auto-updates).

Just FYI, Im planning to hide some rows/columns on the 2nd sheet, but still
want it to be linked to & auto-updated from sheet 1s table.

Is this possible in Excel?

Bob.

SteveW

Linking Tables between sheets

On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 15:49:02 +0100, Marcelo
wrote:

hi Bob,

yes it's possible,

just put on the sheet2
=sheet1!range

range = the source cell of sheet1

eg if you would like the cell a2 on sheet 2 shows the cell a2 on sheet 1
result

=sheet1!a2

hide rows or columns will not have influence on the formulas

hth
regards from Brazil

easy to type = into cell in 2nd sheet and then click on the required cell
in the first sheet.

Then drag the formula around sheet2 to copy the formula

Steve

--
Steve (3)