-   -   Help (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/9725-help.html)

kiran

Help

I have a column with values yes no as mentioned below i want 1 if value is
yes 0 if value is no in next column
yes
no
yes
yes
no
no
yes
yes

Ron de Bruin

Hi kiran

In B1 use this formula and copy down
=IF(A1="yes",1,0)

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"kiran" wrote in message ...
I have a column with values yes no as mentioned below i want 1 if value is
yes 0 if value is no in next column
yes
no
yes
yes
no
no
yes
yes

Nick Hodge

Kiran

=IF(A1="yes",1,0)

Presumes yes/ no are in column A and are all lower case, copy the formula
down as far as needed

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"kiran" wrote in message
I have a column with values yes no as mentioned below i want 1 if value is
yes 0 if value is no in next column
yes
no
yes
yes
no
no
yes
yes

RagDyeR

If "yes" and "no" are the *only* possible entries in Column A:

=--(A1="yes")

If other entries are possible:

=IF(A1="yes",1,IF(A1="no",0,""))
--

HTH,

RD

"kiran" wrote in message
I have a column with values yes no as mentioned below i want 1 if value is
yes 0 if value is no in next column
yes
no
yes
yes
no
no
yes
yes

Sandy Mann

Presumes yes/ no are in column A and are all lower case, copy the formula

I don't think that the comparison is case sensitive, is it?

Regards

Sandy

--
to e-mail direct replace @mailintor.com with @tiscali.co.uk

"kiran" wrote in message
I have a column with values yes no as mentioned below i want 1 if value

is
yes 0 if value is no in next column
yes
no
yes
yes
no
no
yes
yes

Gord Dibben

Sandy

My Excel 2002 will return correct results whether lower or upper case.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP