-   -   Creating a work book (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/95074-creating-work-book.html)

Celtman

Creating a work book

How do I go about creating a work book in XL from a template? I need to keep
invoices & day books but dont want to re-do a different spread sheet each
time, I guess there must be an automatic way to acheive this?

Gord Dibben

Creating a work book

Open a new workbook.

Format and set it up the way you like, including number of sheets, formulas,
Titles and all other stuff you want to see.

When you get it as you like ready for data input FileSave AsFile
TypeExcelTemplate(*.XLT)

Nmae it whatever you wish. Like yourname

To use this Template, hit FileNew...TemplateOn my Computer.

Select your Template and it will open as yourname1.xls

The workbook is based upon the Template and the Template does not get altered in
any way.

When you have entered all data, save the workbook as yourname1 or any name you
desire.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP