-   -   Insert worksheet grayed out (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/94757-insert-worksheet-grayed-out.html)

Richard

Insert worksheet grayed out

I want to insert another sheet in a workbook, but I don't understand why the
insert menu, the option worksheet is grayed out. Thanks

Nika Lampe

Insert worksheet grayed out

Hi Richard,

your workbook could be protected. Check Tools - Protection. If there is
displayed "Unprotect Workbook", your workbook is protected... and in that
case you cannot add worksheets, unless you unprotect the workbook.

Regards,
Nika Lampe

"Richard" je napisal:

I want to insert another sheet in a workbook, but I don't understand why the
insert menu, the option worksheet is grayed out. Thanks

Gord Dibben

Insert worksheet grayed out

Richard

Perhaps you have the Workbook Protected under ToolsProtection?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP