-   -   linking workbooks (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/94207-linking-workbooks.html)

twilcox

linking workbooks

I am new to Excel and am trying to link 2 workbooks and copy information
from the source workbook to the destination workbook. I have have both
workbook open. I can't get the data from the source workbook to the
destination workbook. When I have both workbooks open and look under
the Window tab I only see the wookbook that I am in. Am I supposed to
see both the open workbooks?

--
twilcox
twilcox's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35457

kassie

linking workbooks

Do you want to link the two workbooks, or do you want to view both? If you
want to extract info from one to the other, you use formulae. If you want to
copy and paste, you can display the two next to each other, by reducing the
size of each sheet, so the 2 can fit next to each other.

"twilcox" wrote:

I am new to Excel and am trying to link 2 workbooks and copy information
from the source workbook to the destination workbook. I have have both
workbook open. I can't get the data from the source workbook to the
destination workbook. When I have both workbooks open and look under
the Window tab I only see the wookbook that I am in. Am I supposed to
see both the open workbooks?

--
twilcox
twilcox's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35457
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=552324

Max

linking workbooks

"kassie" wrote:
.. you can display the two next to each other, by reducing the
size of each sheet, so the 2 can fit next to each other.

If both workbooks are open,
think we could quickly auto-tile it on-screen via:
Click Window Arrange Tiled (or Horizontal) OK
--
Max
Singapore

kassie