-   -   canceling auto date update (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/92805-canceling-auto-date-update.html)

unexceller

canceling auto date update

I use excel to create invoices. When I open up old invoices, the
original date changes to today's date. How do I stop this auto update
function?

Thanks.

--
unexceller
unexceller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35215

Roger Govier

canceling auto date update

Hi
The cell where the date appears probably has the formula =TODAY() or
=NOW() which automatically recalculate when the sheet is opened.
Delete the formula and replace it with the date you require, then save.
When creating new invoices, typing Ctrl +; (Control plus the semicolon
key) will enter today's date into a cell for you.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"unexceller"
wrote in message

I use excel to create invoices. When I open up old invoices, the
original date changes to today's date. How do I stop this auto update
function?

Thanks.

--
unexceller