Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Rebecca

Default Sorting / Pivot Table

Greetings. I'm using Excel 2007 (beta 2), and it's a fine product that I'm
slowly learning how to use. Sorry to keep bothering the experts with so many
questions.

I was wondering if the following can be done, because I haven't found the
answer in any help file. Let's say I have a column called HEB and another
column called ENG (the English translation of the Hebrew words in HEB).
Let's say I translated a certain Hebrew word in row 20055 (there are over
400000 rows in the spreadsheet) as "produce." What I want to do is check and
see how I translated this same Hebrew word elsewhere in the spreadsheet. I
can do a sort, then scroll down to the particular words, and then check the
ENG column to see if there is translation consistency (sometimes "produce,"
sometimes "make," sometimes "do"), but this would be time-consuming, to say
the least.

Is there any way I can "on the fly" do a pivot table or whatever at the word
(as I scroll down the text) and see how it was translated in the ENG column?
Probably not, but it would be a nice feature, indeed. If this is possible,
but involves complicated programming, well, could you please explain how to
do this in easy English? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Rebecca

Never mind. I found the answer: right mouse click, filter, select cell
value. Right there almost in front of my nose!