-   -   merging columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/92065-merging-columns.html)

Todd Hudson

merging columns

I am trying to import data from Excel into QB 2006 Premier. Data is in
Excel.

I store the customer names in two different columns. Example: 1st name is
column a, last name is column b, However Quickbooks wants the names in one
field in some columns like the Name Contains, Contains fields. Is there a
way to get Excel to join both columns? If so how?

And how to I then get it to do the above, but last name, first name?

Same for getting City, State Zip Country from 4 different columns into one
column?

Finally, same thing with credit card expiration date? I have the date stored
as 04/08. How Can I get Excel to move the 04 to one column and 08 to
another?

Thanks very much in advance.

Don Guillett

merging columns

try this idea
=b1&", "&a1

=c1&" "&d1& " "&e1& " "&d1
or for the date if in e
=c1&" "&d1& " "&e1& " "&d1 & " "&left(e1,2") & " "& right(e1,2)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Todd Hudson" wrote in message
I am trying to import data from Excel into QB 2006 Premier. Data is in
Excel.

I store the customer names in two different columns. Example: 1st name is
column a, last name is column b, However Quickbooks wants the names in one
field in some columns like the Name Contains, Contains fields. Is there a
way to get Excel to join both columns? If so how?

And how to I then get it to do the above, but last name, first name?

Same for getting City, State Zip Country from 4 different columns into one
column?

Finally, same thing with credit card expiration date? I have the date
stored as 04/08. How Can I get Excel to move the 04 to one column and 08
to another?

Thanks very much in advance.

Todd Hudson

merging columns

Thanks

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
try this idea
=b1&", "&a1

=c1&" "&d1& " "&e1& " "&d1
or for the date if in e
=c1&" "&d1& " "&e1& " "&d1 & " "&left(e1,2") & " "& right(e1,2)