-   -   Adding numbers to a list (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/89712-adding-numbers-list.html)

alienyde

Adding numbers to a list

I want to make a dvd list through excel and number each of them, but
instead of typing 1 through 200 for example, I would like a formula to
do it for me. So typing 1 in the first cell and dragging it down, so
that it says 1,2,3,4instead of writing it manually.Can someone help
me?

Thanks,
Alienyde

--
alienyde
alienyde's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27118

Peo Sjoblom

Adding numbers to a list

Put 1 in the first cell, right click the lower corner of the first cell,
copy down by holding the right button and dragging down, release and select
fill series when prompted or put 1 in the first and 2 in the second cell,
select both cells and copy drag down with the left hand mouse button

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"alienyde" wrote in
message ...

I want to make a dvd list through excel and number each of them, but
instead of typing 1 through 200 for example, I would like a formula to
do it for me. So typing 1 in the first cell and dragging it down, so
that it says 1,2,3,4instead of writing it manually.Can someone help
me?

Thanks,
Alienyde

--