-   -   Excel does not open, just opens a the grey background (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/89002-excel-does-not-open-just-opens-grey-background.html)

Steve

Excel does not open, just opens a the grey background

When I open an excel document nothing comes up. Just a grey background, like
the document is minimized in Excel. I can go to file open and search for it
and open it that way. Any ideas?

davesexcel

Excel does not open, just opens a the grey background

is this a file you created??

--
davesexcel

davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=542738

Dave Peterson

Excel does not open, just opens a the grey background

If you do file|Print preview, do you see your worksheet's data?

If yes, then try:
window|arrange|Tiled
and resize the window the way you like.

If that didn't work...

Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on
the file in windows explorer:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then