-   -   Searching Across 2 workbooks (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/88960-searching-across-2-workbooks.html)

HelpDeskTech

Searching Across 2 workbooks

I have a column of data in workbook 1 and I have 20 columns of data with 600
rows in workbook 2 I want to search workbook 2 for the data I have in
workbook 1

Miguel Zapico

Searching Across 2 workbooks

What do you mean exactly by search? If you just want to check if a value is
there or not, this formula may work for you:
=IF(ISNA(MATCH(A1,[Book1]Sheet1!$A:$A,0)),"Not found","Found")
This will search if the contents of cell A1 are found in the A column of the
sheet1 of the Book1 workbook, you may change the references as appropiate.

Hope this helps,
Miguel.