-   -   Copying cells with similar column values (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/88346-copying-cells-similar-column-values.html)

mohd21uk via OfficeKB.com

Copying cells with similar column values

I have two worksheets in a spreadsheet with similar values in Sheet 1 Column
A and Sheet 2 Column A. I would like to create macro that would match like
values in column A in both sheets and copy the entire row in Sheet B to Sheet
A.

I have provided an example below:

Befo

Sheet 1

A B C D E
250 mE 1
300 YOU 2
360 ME 3

Sheet 2

A B C
250 Good 2905
300 Bad 1605
360 Good 5000

After

Sheet 1

A B C D E F
250 Me 1 250 Good 2905
300 You 2 300 Bad 1605

Many thanks in advance

Miguel Zapico

Copying cells with similar column values

You may use the VLOOKUP formula in columns E and F, something like:
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$C$3,2,FALSE) - column E
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$C$3,3,FALSE) - column F

You may need to change the range on the VLOOKUP to match your current range.

Hope this helps,
Miguel.

"mohd21uk via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

[...]

Is there a macro that would do just this.

Thanks

Miguel Zapico wrote:
You may use the VLOOKUP formula in columns E and F, something like:
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$C$3,2,FALSE) - column E
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$C$3,3,FALSE) - column F

You may need to change the range on the VLOOKUP to match your current range.

Hope this helps,
Miguel.

I have two worksheets in a spreadsheet with similar values in Sheet 1 Column
A and Sheet 2 Column A. I would like to create macro that would match like

[quoted text clipped - 28 lines]

Many thanks in advance