-   -   validation list--list depends on the selection of first list (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/85742-validation-list-list-depends-selection-first-list.html)

Michael

validation list--list depends on the selection of first list

I think this question has been answered before but i can't seem to find
anything related to it. I wonder if this is even possible?

I have about four items on the first validation list that i can choose from,
and based on what is chosen on that list, the second validation list should
only show the list of items that are related to what is chosen on the first
validation list.

For example, on the first validation list, there are these items: A, B, C, D.

A has 1, 2, 3, 4
B has 5,9,30,2
C has 0, 12, 6, 10
D has 66,44,33,22

If i choose A, then the second validation list should only list only 1, 2,
3, or 4 as choices.

and if i choose B, the second validation should only show what is related to
B, etc.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ron Coderre

validation list--list depends on the selection of first list

See this page of Debra Dalgleish's Contextures website:

Dependent Lists:

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Michael" wrote:

[...]

Hey Ron,

Thanks a whole bunch for website--it was very helpful!