-   -   If Statement? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/85645-if-statement.html)

tenaj

If Statement?

Hey everyone,

=IF(A1=0,9,A1-1)
This formulas says if A1=0, make it 9 and subtract 1

How do I make it say if A1 equals 0, make A2= 5 and if A1=5 make A2=0

But there are 5 conditions. They mirror each other. Example: a 0 is a
5 and a 5 is a 0.

0=5, 5=0
1= 6, 6=1
2=7, 7=2
3=8, 8=3
4=9, 9=4
How do I make the cell meet all of these conditions.

Thank you for your help.

--
tenaj
tenaj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32691

Bob Phillips

If Statement?

=CHOOSE(A1+1,5,6,7,8,9,0,1,2,3,4)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"tenaj" wrote in
message ...

Hey everyone,

=IF(A1=0,9,A1-1)
This formulas says if A1=0, make it 9 and subtract 1

How do I make it say if A1 equals 0, make A2= 5 and if A1=5 make A2=0

But there are 5 conditions. They mirror each other. Example: a 0 is a
5 and a 5 is a 0.

0=5, 5=0
1= 6, 6=1
2=7, 7=2
3=8, 8=3
4=9, 9=4
How do I make the cell meet all of these conditions.

Thank you for your help.

--
tenaj
tenaj's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=536799

Ron Coderre

If Statement?

Tenaj

I think this does what you want:

For a value in A1

B1: =MOD(A1+5,10)

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Coderre
Ron Coderre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21419
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=536799

tenaj

If Statement?

Bob Phillips Wrote:
=CHOOSE(A1+1,5,6,7,8,9,0,1,2,3,4)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"tenaj" wrote in
message ...

Hey everyone,

=IF(A1=0,9,A1-1)
This formulas says if A1=0, make it 9 and subtract 1

How do I make it say if A1 equals 0, make A2= 5 and if A1=5 make

A2=0

But there are 5 conditions. They mirror each other. Example: a 0 is

5 and a 5 is a 0.

0=5, 5=0
1= 6, 6=1
2=7, 7=2
3=8, 8=3
4=9, 9=4
How do I make the cell meet all of these conditions.

Thank you for your help.

--
tenaj

tenaj's Profile:

View this thread:

Thank You Bob Phillips! Superb!!!!!!!!!! I could have never figured
that out.

--

Ron Coderre Wrote:
Tenaj

I think this does what you want:

For a value in A1

B1: =MOD(A1+5,10)

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron

Thank you Ron. I didn't figure out how to use it. Maybe I did
something wrong. The formula didn't generate anything but I have a
formula now that does exactly what I need. Thank you for you time and
help.