-   -   How do I grant access to allow a user to save an Excell file to t (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/85374-how-do-i-grant-access-allow-user-save-excell-file-t.html)

TomK

How do I grant access to allow a user to save an Excell file to t

Where can I find info on admin functions for Excell?

Chip Pearson

How do I grant access to allow a user to save an Excell file to t

What do you mean "admin functions"? That phrase doesn't apply to
anything built in to Excel.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"TomK" wrote in message
Where can I find info on admin functions for Excell?

TomK

How do I grant access to allow a user to save an Excell file to t

I am trying to save a file to the D: drive (cd) and I am getting an error
message that I need an administrator to clear me for access to that drive.

"TomK" wrote:

Where can I find info on admin functions for Excell?

TomK

How do I grant access to allow a user to save an Excell file t

When I attempt to save a file to the "D:" drive (to a cd) I get an error
message "incorrect function" , and then when I click on "ok" I receive
another message "You do not have access to the folder 'D:\'. See your
administrator for access to this folder."

"TomK" wrote in message
Where can I find info on admin functions for Excell?

Gord Dibben

How do I grant access to allow a user to save an Excell file to t

Check out Windows Help on "permissions.

Also "user accounts".

As an aside, not good practice to save directly to removable media. Can lead to
corruped files.

Save first to HDD then copy to CD from there.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP