-   -   Big background page numbers/ Can't change format of a range (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/84714-big-background-page-numbers-cant-change-format-range.html)

Micky01

Big background page numbers/ Can't change format of a range

Hello,

I received a spreadsheet used for printing out tables of data.

This spreadsheet contains two features which I would like to understand:

1) Each Excel range that is printed on a separate page contains a big page
number in the background of the speadsheet: "page1", "page2" etc. This page
number, however, is not printed. How is this achieved?

2) There is a gray are outside the actual data range - and I can't change
the formatting of that area. The spreadsheet is not protected.

Thank you

Michael

Ragdyer

Big background page numbers/ Can't change format of a range

You're in "Page Break Preview".

Click
<View <Normal
--
HTH,

RD

"Micky01" wrote in message
Hello,

I received a spreadsheet used for printing out tables of data.

This spreadsheet contains two features which I would like to understand:

1) Each Excel range that is printed on a separate page contains a big page
number in the background of the speadsheet: "page1", "page2" etc. This

page
number, however, is not printed. How is this achieved?

2) There is a gray are outside the actual data range - and I can't change
the formatting of that area. The spreadsheet is not protected.

Thank you

Michael

Micky01

Big background page numbers/ Can't change format of a range

Thank you very much for the fast reply
Michael
"Ragdyer" wrote in message
You're in "Page Break Preview".