-   -   converter (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/81419-converter.html)

recipe type data

converter

what do i need to do to convert quattro pro 5.0 files over to excel 2000.

Peo Sjoblom

converter

Do you still have access to Quattro pro, if so there should be an option to
save as excel,
if you don't have it you would need to find a converter which I am sure a
web search will come up with

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"recipe type data" wrote in
message ...
what do i need to do to convert quattro pro 5.0 files over to excel 2000.

Pete_UK

converter

You can open these directly in Excel 2000. Start Excel then File | Open
and ensure that you have All Files (*.*) selected as the file type.
Locate the Quattro Pro 5 files (*.wq1) and click <open.

You may have some formatting differences, but most formulae will
convert okay.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Peo Sjoblom

converter

Interesting, in excel 2002 it says

Format Program
Notes
.wb1 Quattro Pro version 5.0 for Windows Opens only, only
available with converter loaded

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"Pete_UK" wrote in message
oups.com...
You can open these directly in Excel 2000. Start Excel then File | Open
and ensure that you have All Files (*.*) selected as the file type.
Locate the Quattro Pro 5 files (*.wq1) and click <open.

You may have some formatting differences, but most formulae will
convert okay.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Pete_UK

converter

Well Peo, I have XL 2000 and a lot of old wq1 files so I tried it
before I posted. I've just tried it again. It wouldn't let me open
protected files, but others were okay. Presumably in XL2002 Microsoft
decided to take some things away ... ?

Pete