Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
David Willis

Default How to get data from Oracle Database to Excel?

Dear All,

I am trying to access/connect oracle database to insert and select data
from
tables. I don't know what to use like ADO? ADOX? ADODB? or others?

I was trying to connect using the following code:

Dim db As ADODB.Connection

Set db = New ADODB.Connection

db.ConnectionString = "Data Source='cis2';" & _
"User ID='cis2view';Password='viewcis2@hkdb';"
db.Open

db.ConnectionTimeout = 30

db.Close
Set db = Nothing

From Data Source which mean I need to setup a Name from ODBC call Cis2
right?

Does anyone have any idea what is the code look like and how to write it?

Thanks for your helf

David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR

Personally, I would attempt to extract the data through MSQuery (Data
GetExternalDate CreateNewQuery......), although you would need permission
for the access by virtue of a driver.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"David Willis" wrote:

Dear All,

I am trying to access/connect oracle database to insert and select data
from
tables. I don't know what to use like ADO? ADOX? ADODB? or others?

I was trying to connect using the following code:

Dim db As ADODB.Connection

Set db = New ADODB.Connection

db.ConnectionString = "Data Source='cis2';" & _
"User ID='cis2view';Password='viewcis2@hkdb';"
db.Open

db.ConnectionTimeout = 30

db.Close