-   -   COUNTIF with multiple disjoint ranges, same criteria (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/75197-re-countif-multiple-disjoint-ranges-same-criteria.html)

CLR

COUNTIF with multiple disjoint ranges, same criteria

I cannot get COUNTIF to work with a non-contiguious range in my XL97, but if
this is something you have to do frequently, you may be interested in the
"List Unique" feature of Jim Cone's commercial Add-in called XL Companion.
It will list and count each and every value in a non-contiguious range. It's
available at.........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Kurt Swanson" wrote:

Is there any way to specify multiple disjoint ranges in one COUNTIF?

I.e. something like COUNTIF((A1:C3,D4:F6,G7:I9),"Y")

I want to avoid COUNTIF(A1:C3,"Y") + COUNTIF(D4:F6,"Y") + ...
--
© 2005 Kurt Swanson AB