-   -   excel inventory spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/74728-excel-inventory-spreadsheet.html)

Juli Cliff

excel inventory spreadsheet

I want to create an inventory spreadsheet - I'm a new user.
I want a column for the item, a column for the price of the item, a column
for the quantity and a column for the total - ( price x quantity)
Can you give me a very easy way to do this in laymans language?

Gord Dibben

excel inventory spreadsheet

Juli

Column A for item name.

Column B for item price.

Column C for item quantity.

Column D for item price*quantity.

e.g.

A1 is widget
B1 is $5.00 cost per each
C1 is 34 widgets.
D1 contains formula =B1*C1 returns $170.00

Copy the D1 formula down column D as far as you have data in A, B and C columns.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP