-   -   problems with formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/72995-problems-formulas.html)

Mike Lowe

problems with formulas

I am trying to create a formula to count the number of people in a table
between a set of age values (3 to 14) i have data in 3 columns for forename,
suname, age, but over 2500 entries to extract the data from..

Please can you help

Mike

Don Guillett

problems with formulas

try something like
=sumproduct((agerange=3)*(agerange<=14))

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Mike Lowe" <Mike
wrote in message
I am trying to create a formula to count the number of people in a table
between a set of age values (3 to 14) i have data in 3 columns for
forename,
suname, age, but over 2500 entries to extract the data from..

Please can you help

Mike

daddylonglegs

problems with formulas

Try this

=COUNTIF(C:C,"2")-COUNTIF(C:C,"14")

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486

Gary''s Student

problems with formulas

Let's say the ages are column G. Try:

=COUNTIF(G:G,"<15")-COUNTIF(G:G,"<3")

This will exclude 2 and under.
This will exclude 15 and over.
--
Gary's Student

"Mike Lowe" wrote:

I am trying to create a formula to count the number of people in a table
between a set of age values (3 to 14) i have data in 3 columns for forename,
suname, age, but over 2500 entries to extract the data from..

Please can you help

Mike

Mike Lowe

problems with formulas

Thanks for that
Mike

wrote in message
I am trying to create a formula to count the number of people in a table
between a set of age values (3 to 14) i have data in 3 columns for
forename,
suname, age, but over 2500 entries to extract the data from..

Please can you help

Mike

Mike Lowe

problems with formulas