Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
mario

Default expanding button

Hi,

I received a excel file, where there is "+" sign on the left. If I click it,
it expands and click it again collapses. What is that for?

Also I see "1", "2" on the top left. If i click "1" all the "+" expand and
if I click "2" all of them collapse.

What is the difference in these two formulas:
=+A32+A31
=A32+A31
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JE McGimpsey

See "About using outlines" in XL Help.

The "+" in the first formula is superfluous. It's often used by Lotus
users who have switched to XL.

In article ,
"mario" wrote:

Hi,

I received a excel file, where there is "+" sign on the left. If I click it,
it expands and click it again collapses. What is that for?

Also I see "1", "2" on the top left. If i click "1" all the "+" expand and
if I click "2" all of them collapse.

What is the difference in these two formulas:
=+A32+A31
=A32+A31

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Desert Piranha

Hi mario,

As for the first part of your question.
It sounds like you are talking about subtotals.

To set this condition up, or to remove the condition.

Select the range and go to DataSubtotals

Dave

--
Desert Piranha

Desert Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28934