-   -   How do I quickly enter the same number into different cells? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/72522-how-do-i-quickly-enter-same-number-into-different-cells.html)

Cheers100

How do I quickly enter the same number into different cells?

I am entering a "1" into various cells (collating answers from
questionnaires). Is it possible to fill the cell with just a mouse click
rather than having to type in number 1 each time? Many thanks for your help.
Mel

Gary''s Student

How do I quickly enter the same number into different cells?

Here's a neat trick:

Hi-light all the cells you want to enter.
type 1 and then CNTRL-SHIFT-ENTER

You will fill all the cells at once
--
Gary's Student

"Cheers100" wrote:

I am entering a "1" into various cells (collating answers from
questionnaires). Is it possible to fill the cell with just a mouse click
rather than having to type in number 1 each time? Many thanks for your help.
Mel

Ken Wright

How do I quickly enter the same number into different cells?

CTRL+ENTER will do it

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03