-   -   Cell won't accept date past year 2009 (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/71831-cell-wont-accept-date-past-year-2009-a.html)

lbrown

Cell won't accept date past year 2009

I have a spreadsheet where a date in the future needs to be entered; however,
when I attempt to enter any date over the year 2009, it doesn't accept the
cell and the entry vanishes. The format is set for date. Am I missing
something else that I should be looking for? The spreadsheet was built
internally but is no longer here.

Bernie Deitrick

Cell won't accept date past year 2009

It doesn't sound like data validation, but it could be a worksheet change event that was used to
control data entry. Try opening the workbook with macros disabled.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"lbrown" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet where a date in the future needs to be entered; however,
when I attempt to enter any date over the year 2009, it doesn't accept the
cell and the entry vanishes. The format is set for date. Am I missing
something else that I should be looking for? The spreadsheet was built
internally but is no longer here.

Gary''s Student

Cell won't accept date past year 2009

Select an un-used cell and format it as general. Then enter 40224

The re-format the cell as date and you should see 2/15/2010

--
Gary's Student