-   -   How do I reduce the number of lines in a spreadsheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/71160-how-do-i-reduce-number-lines-spreadsheet.html)

Philamon

How do I reduce the number of lines in a spreadsheet?

Simple question - how do I reduce the number of lines in an Excel spreadsheet
from say 25000 to say 45? Delete doesn't work.

Ron de Bruin

How do I reduce the number of lines in a spreadsheet?

Hi Philamon

You can't delete rows in excel but you can Hide them
Check out this first before you do that

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Philamon" wrote in message ...
Simple question - how do I reduce the number of lines in an Excel spreadsheet
from say 25000 to say 45? Delete doesn't work.

Pete_UK

How do I reduce the number of lines in a spreadsheet?

You can hide the unwanted rows: highlight the row identifier for row
46, then hold down the SHIFT key and press END followed by DOWN-ARROW,
then release SHIFT. Click on Format | Row | Hide.

Hope this helps.

Pete