-   -   how many months and days between two dates? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/71103-how-many-months-days-between-two-dates.html)

shopgirl

how many months and days between two dates?

Friends,
If I have two dates: February 5,1999 and January 4, 2002, how can I
calculate the number of months and days between both dates?
Thank you for your time.

Roger Govier

how many months and days between two dates?

shopgirl wrote
Friends,
If I have two dates: February 5,1999 and January 4, 2002, how can I
calculate the number of months and days between both dates?
Thank you for your time.

With the first date in A1 and the second in B1
Try
=DATEDIF(A1,B1,"m")& " months "&DATEDIF(A1,B1,"md")&" Days"

For more information on the undocumented Datedif function go to
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

--
Regards

Roger Govier