-   -   Verification/Import of data (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/70605-verification-import-data.html)

Karmen

Verification/Import of data

Hello,

I have two separate worksheets. I would like to use the first
worksheet to verify the same data on the second worksheet is correct.
For instance, in worksheet one I have a city and a number (in two
individual cells) and I would like this same data in the second
worksheet (in two individual cells). Is there a way to somehow link
(?) or import or (?) the two sheets so when the first worksheet is
updated, the second worksheet will also update. I am so very
lost.:confused:

Thanks for your help!

--
Karmen
Karmen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30972

Pete

Verification/Import of data

In your second sheet you enter a formula like:

='Sheet 1'!A1

to bring the value from cell A1 into the cell where the formula is
(assume A1 also). Whenever you change the value in the first sheet, the
second sheet's value will also change. The formula can be copied across
and/or down the second sheet to bring values from other cells on Sheet
1 - it will not copy the formats, however.

Hope this helps.

Pete