Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
la90292

Default How to Sort Invalid Email Addresses?

My customer base of 5,000+ records (columns a-l) has some invalid email
addresses in column g. The "@" is missing. I would like to have those
particular email addresses sorted at the beginning of the list so that I can
go through them and see if they can be corrected or deleted.

Which formula would work best for this project?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
victor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
SeaTiger

Hi Don:

Thank's for the suggestion. That worked fine; however, my customer list has
been previously sorted using an "advanced filter" for the 13 western states
only. So, when I use your suggestion to identify the invalid email address
it shows all the records in all the states. How would I override this to
only do the customers in the 13 western states with invalid email addresses?

Thanks again for your time and consideration.

Best regards,
victor

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
try data filter
datafilterautofiltercustomdoesnotcontain @

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"la90292" wrote in message
My customer base of 5,000+ records (columns a-l) has some invalid email
addresses in column g. The "@" is missing. I would like to have those
particular email addresses sorted at the beginning of the list so that I
can
go through them and see if they can be corrected or deleted.

Which formula would work best for this project?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
victor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
la90292

Since one is an advanced filter and one an auto filter how can you apply
them at the same time. I can not do them separately without showing all the
records again. Or, how would I use write the formula above the email column
using the advanced filter to produce the same results as the auto filter. I
tried writing "does not contain @" above the email colum, but that didn't
work.

Best regards,
victor

Don Guillett wrote in message
Couldn't you apply both filters?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

. com...

"la90292" wrote in message
My customer base of 5,000+ records (columns a-l) has some invalid

email
addresses in column g. The "@" is missing. I would like to have those
particular email addresses sorted at the beginning of the list so that

can
go through them and see if they can be corrected or deleted.

Which formula would work best for this project?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
victor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Peo Sjoblom

Another suggestion would be to use advanced filter and copy to another
location, that would give you
an unfiltered list separated from the original list and you can apply
autofilter on that list

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

. com...

"la90292" wrote in message
My customer base of 5,000+ records (columns a-l) has some invalid

email
addresses in column g. The "@" is missing. I would like to have those
particular email addresses sorted at the beginning of the list so
that

can
go through them and see if they can be corrected or deleted.

Which formula would work best for this project?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
victor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
SeaTiger

Hi Peo:

That's what I did, but when I attempted to do the auto filter the previous
records come up again. What do I need to do to the new list so that doesn't
happen.

Thanks, victor

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
Another suggestion would be to use advanced filter and copy to another
location, that would give you
an unfiltered list separated from the original list and you can apply
autofilter on that list

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

. com...

"la90292" wrote in message
My customer base of 5,000+ records (columns a-l) has some invalid

email
addresses in column g. The "@" is missing. I would like to have
those
particular email addresses sorted at the beginning of the list so
that

can
go through them and see if they can be corrected or deleted.

Which formula would work best for this project?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
victor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Peo Sjoblom

I would copy the advanced filtered list to another sheet, thus out of the
way form any filters on the same sheet
If you start from the sheet where you want to copy the list, assume the list
is in Sheet1 and you want to filtered list in Sheet2,
click in A1 in Sheet2, do datafilteradvanced filter, click in the list
range and select the table in Sheet1,
put in the criteria, then copy to click in a cell in Sheet2, do then filter
and it will be in Sheet2, now you will have a filtered list without any
interference, then apply the autofilter and filter 'til the cows come home
:)

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

"SeaTiger" wrote in message
. ..
Hi Peo:

That's what I did, but when I attempted to do the auto filter the previous
records come up again. What do I need to do to the new list so that
doesn't happen.

Thanks, victor

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
Another suggestion would be to use advanced filter and copy to another
location, that would give you
an unfiltered list separated from the original list and you can apply
autofilter on that list

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

. com...

"la90292" wrote in message
My customer base of 5,000+ records (columns a-l) has some invalid
email
addresses in column g. The "@" is missing. I would like to have
those
particular email addresses sorted at the beginning of the list so
that
can
go through them and see if they can be corrected or deleted.

Which formula would work best for this project?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
victor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
la90292

Okay, that worked. It took awhile because you have to make sure you have the
right sheets before each range and criteria so I kept getting error
messages.

Now I'm ready to bring the cows home and want to auto filter my email
addresses to identify those cells that are not blank and do not have the @.
I figured out the "does not contain" @, but what do I use for the
identifying the records that are not blank??

Really, thanks alot for your help.

Best regards,
victor

My customer list is file is in sheet 2. My list range is : $A$15:$l$5443. My
criteria range is: $A$1:$l$14.

Peo Sjoblom wrote in message
I would copy the advanced filtered list to another sheet, thus out of the
way form any filters on the same sheet
If you start from the sheet where you want to copy the list, assume the

list
is in Sheet1 and you want to filtered list in Sheet2,
click in A1 in Sheet2, do datafilteradvanced filter, click in the list
range and select the table in Sheet1,
put in the criteria, then copy to click in a cell in Sheet2, do then

filter
and it will be in Sheet2, now you will have a filtered list without any
interference, then apply the autofilter and filter 'til the cows come home
:)

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

"SeaTiger" wrote in message
. ..
Hi Peo:

That's what I did, but when I attempted to do the auto filter the

previous
records come up again. What do I need to do to the new list so that
doesn't happen.

Thanks, victor

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
Another suggestion would be to use advanced filter and copy to another
location, that would give you
an unfiltered list separated from the original list and you can apply
autofilter on that list

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

. com...

"la90292" wrote in message
My customer base of 5,000+ records (columns a-l) has some invalid
email
addresses in column g. The "@" is missing. I would like to have
those
particular email addresses sorted at the beginning of the list so
that
can
go through them and see if they can be corrected or deleted.

Which formula would work best for this project?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
victor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Peo Sjoblom

OK, from autofilter dropdown select custom, then does not contain @
AND does not equal and leave the box to the right empty

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

. com...

@.
[...]

"SeaTiger" wrote in message
. ..
Hi Peo:

That's what I did, but when I attempted to do the auto filter the

previous
records come up again. What do I need to do to the new list so that
doesn't happen.

Thanks, victor

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
Another suggestion would be to use advanced filter and copy to another
location, that would give you
an unfiltered list separated from the original list and you can apply
autofilter on that list

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

. com...

"la90292" wrote in message
My customer base of 5,000+ records (columns a-l) has some
invalid
email
addresses in column g. The "@" is missing. I would like to have
those
particular email addresses sorted at the beginning of the list
so
that
can
go through them and see if they can be corrected or deleted.

Which formula would work best for this project?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
victor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
la90292

Peo. the cows are finally in the barn...thanks!!!

Peo Sjoblom wrote in message
OK, from autofilter dropdown select custom, then does not contain @
AND does not equal and leave the box to the right empty

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

"la90292" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

"SeaTiger" wrote in message
. ..
Hi Peo:

That's what I did, but when I attempted to do the auto filter the

previous
records come up again. What do I need to do to the new list so that
doesn't happen.

Thanks, victor

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
Another suggestion would be to use advanced filter and copy to

another
location, that would give you
an unfiltered list separated from the original list and you can

apply
autofilter on that list

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon