-   -   Message Input with link to different work sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/69529-re-message-input-link-different-work-sheet.html)

paul

Message Input with link to different work sheet

i tried to create a hyperlink in a comment and within a dv list but it didnt
work.You might need a small macro to do what you want.I am sure some one will
figure something out!
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!

"KPM" wrote:

Hi,
What I would like to do, is create a link from a 'hint' (or an error
message) to another worksheet that appears when the user focuses on the
particular cell or gets an error message. How do I create a link (or can I)
through the Message Input dialouge under Data Validation??

More specifically, I am creating a workbook that contains different hardware
and software that is assigned to different people. I have one worksheet
titled 'Lists' and there, I am adding all the items that will be inventoried
or tracked. So, on the 'Lists' worksheet, there is a column titled
'Assinged', which is mostly employee names, but there are also a few room
numbers there as well, so, basically, a PC, laptop, projector or some other
hardware is 'assigned' to a place or thing, for the most part a human, but
not necessarily... then, for example, there is a worksheet titled 'Monitor'
and all of our monitors and the specific information is on that worksheet and
the first column is called 'assigned', this column is a drop down list that
gets its data from the 'Lists' table. On the 'Input Message' dialouge
created using DataValidation, I type a message that explains people should
select from the list, but if the name they are seeking is not present, that
it should be added to the 'Lists' table, under the 'Assigned' colunm. I want
to make the work 'Lists' in the hint message a link to the 'Lists' worksheet.

Thanks for any help.