Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Newguy123

Default Simple average question

I am tracking 32 sports teams. I have various stats the I would like to
get averages from. Each team is on a row from 4-35. In column E are
total yards, column F is total attempts, I would like column G to be
the average, I would like the formula to calculate it for each
individual team.

--
Newguy123
Newguy123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31117

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Anne Troy

So, likely:
=E2/F2
This should tell you how many yards per attempt.
Copy the formula down.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Newguy123" wrote
in message ...

I am tracking 32 sports teams. I have various stats the I would like to
get averages from. Each team is on a row from 4-35. In column E are
total yards, column F is total attempts, I would like column G to be
the average, I would like the formula to calculate it for each
individual team.

--
Newguy123
Newguy123's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=507860

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR

In cell G4 type this formula

=E4/F4

Then right-click on the cell and select Copy, then left-click on cell G5 and
holld the left button down while dragging the cursor down column G to
highlight all cells to cell G35.....then release the left button and
right-click and select Paste......the entire column should fill in with the
respective formullas to give you the averages you seek in column G

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Newguy123" wrote
in message ...