-   -   Confusion...(conditional formatting) (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/68338-confusion-conditional-formatting.html)

nishapurohit

Confusion...(conditional formatting)

Thanks to all that replied to my post!!

I was looking to make F2 field a required field, i.e <red

If E2 = "yes" then make F2 a required field.

I am going to email this spreadsheet to users, if the user select "yes"
to question asked in E column, I would like them to provide detailed
information in column F.

Does that make sense?

Thank you again for your help! this forum rocks!

--
nishapurohit
nishapurohit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30983

Anne Troy

Confusion...(conditional formatting)

Sure. Click on F2. Format--Conditional Formatting, Formula is:
=IF(E2)="yes"
Tell it to be red fill....
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"nishapurohit"
wrote in message
news:nishapurohit.22gw4y_1138657504.0146@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Thanks to all that replied to my post!!

I was looking to make F2 field a required field, i.e <red

If E2 = "yes" then make F2 a required field.

I am going to email this spreadsheet to users, if the user select "yes"
to question asked in E column, I would like them to provide detailed
information in column F.

Does that make sense?

Thank you again for your help! this forum rocks!

--
nishapurohit
nishapurohit's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=506552

Bob Phillips

Confusion...(conditional formatting)

No need for the IF, just use

=E2="yes"

as that resolves to TRUE or FALSE

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote in message
news:nishapurohit.22gw4y_1138657504.0146@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Thanks to all that replied to my post!!

I was looking to make F2 field a required field, i.e <red

If E2 = "yes" then make F2 a required field.

I am going to email this spreadsheet to users, if the user select "yes"
to question asked in E column, I would like them to provide detailed
information in column F.

Does that make sense?

Thank you again for your help! this forum rocks!

--
nishapurohit
nishapurohit's Profile:
View this thread:

Anne Troy

Confusion...(conditional formatting)

Thanks, Bob. :)
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

wrote in message
news:nishapurohit.22gw4y_1138657504.0146@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Thanks to all that replied to my post!!

I was looking to make F2 field a required field, i.e <red

If E2 = "yes" then make F2 a required field.

I am going to email this spreadsheet to users, if the user select "yes"
to question asked in E column, I would like them to provide detailed
information in column F.

Does that make sense?

Thank you again for your help! this forum rocks!

--
nishapurohit
nishapurohit's Profile:
View this thread: