-   -   Locating (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/68246-locating.html)

Karmen

Locating

Hello,
I am a bit frustrated....In my spreadsheet, I would like to verify if a
particular name and a particular city are located on the same row. How
can I check a spreadsheet that has 100 rows to verify if the same
name/city are on the same row?

--
Karmen
Karmen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30972

Anne Troy

Locating

Hi, Karmen. Something like this should work for you:
=if(a2&b2="NameCity",TRUE,FALSE)
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Karmen" wrote in
message ...

Hello,
I am a bit frustrated....In my spreadsheet, I would like to verify if a
particular name and a particular city are located on the same row. How
can I check a spreadsheet that has 100 rows to verify if the same
name/city are on the same row?

--
Karmen
Karmen's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=506387

Ken Wright

Locating

=MATCH("abc",$A$1:$A$30,0)=MATCH("def",$B$1:$B$30, 0)

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03