Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Exceloficio

Default transfer data from one excel sheet to another

Hello,

We currently receive analysis data from a contractor on an excel
spreadsheet that contains more information than we need. I would also
like to rearrange the data into another excel spreadsheet that is
easier for me to look at the data. We reenter the data into a paradox
database( Yes, it is archaic) that is very difficult to change the
format.

Is there a way to automatically rearrange and transfer the data to
another excel spreadsheet via a macro, xml, etc? My experience with
excel is limited and I only know basic functions. Thank You.

--
Exceloficio
Exceloficio's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30940

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ken Wright

Would help to see a small example of the data involved. Have you considered
a Pivot table?

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Exceloficio"
wrote in message

Hello,

We currently receive analysis data from a contractor on an excel
spreadsheet that contains more information than we need. I would also
like to rearrange the data into another excel spreadsheet that is
easier for me to look at the data. We reenter the data into a paradox
database( Yes, it is archaic) that is very difficult to change the
format.

Is there a way to automatically rearrange and transfer the data to
another excel spreadsheet via a macro, xml, etc? My experience with
excel is limited and I only know basic functions. Thank You.

--
Exceloficio
Exceloficio's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=506135

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Debra Dalgleish

You can use an Advanced Filter to extract some of the data to another
sheet. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and he

http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

Exceloficio wrote:
Hello,

We currently receive analysis data from a contractor on an excel
spreadsheet that contains more information than we need. I would also
like to rearrange the data into another excel spreadsheet that is
easier for me to look at the data. We reenter the data into a paradox
database( Yes, it is archaic) that is very difficult to change the
format.

Is there a way to automatically rearrange and transfer the data to
another excel spreadsheet via a macro, xml, etc? My experience with
excel is limited and I only know basic functions. Thank You.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Exceloficio

It looks like the advanced filter will work for me. Thank You very much
for your help.