-   -   Making a list inside a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/67862-making-list-inside-cell.html)

Fedde

Making a list inside a cell

Hello,

I'd like to make a list inside a cell, in which you can choose the
sentence you would like to have into that specific cell.
For example:
I would like to have the following list into, say, cell F4:
- Tree
- Leaves
- Root
- Twig
- Oak

Is this possible to make?

--
Fedde
Fedde's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30900

cycling-rod

Making a list inside a cell

Instructions for creating a drop-down list is he
http://www.beyondtechnology.com/tips018.shtml

--
cycling-rod
cycling-rod's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=13520
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=505739

Fedde

Making a list inside a cell

Hey thanks!

--
Fedde
Fedde's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30900
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=505739

gls858

Making a list inside a cell

Fedde wrote:
Hello,

I'd like to make a list inside a cell, in which you can choose the
sentence you would like to have into that specific cell.
For example:
I would like to have the following list into, say, cell F4:
- Tree
- Leaves
- Root
- Twig
- Oak

Is this possible to make?

Check Excel Help for drop-down list. The instruction are pretty
straight forward. Post back if you need more help.

gls858

paul

Making a list inside a cell

the combo box from the forms toolbar will also give you a list.Its advantage
to me is that the drop down is always visible whereas the validation list
only shows when you navigate to the cell
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!