-   -   moving cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/66682-moving-cells.html)

Paul

moving cells

I have a roster with 30 names on a fixed schedule for 15 weeks i want to move
the names through the schedule.

Thanks

David McRitchie

moving cells

Hi Paul,
I would try an Excel web search on your Google toolbar or at
http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en for
excel rotation OR rota schedule OR timesheets

and a Google Groups search on a dropdown on your Google toolbar or at
http://groups.google.com/grphp?hl=en&tab=wg&q=
rotation OR rota schedule OR timesheets group:*excel*

to get you started then ask specific questions if that does not provide enough
information.
---
HTH,

"Paul" wrote in message ...
I have a roster with 30 names on a fixed schedule for 15 weeks i want to move
the names through the schedule.

Thanks

Max

moving cells

"Paul" wrote
I have a roster with 30 names on a fixed schedule for 15 weeks
i want to move the names through the schedule.

Just an option to tinker with ..

Sample construct at:
http://www.savefile.com/files/7312953
30 names 15 weeks rotation schedule_paul_newusers.xls

In Sheet1, list the 30 names in A1:A30
Put in A31: =A1
Copy A31 down to A60 to repeat the name list

Then in say, Sheet2, to create the schedule ..

Put in A1: Week1, copy A1 across to O1
(this simply creates arbitrary labels for the 15 weeks in A1:O1)

Put in A2:
=OFFSET(INDIRECT("'Sheet1'!A"&ROW(A1)),COLUMN(A1)-1,)
Copy A2 across to O2, fill down to O31 to populate the schedule

--
Max
Singapore

Max

moving cells

Please note that the sample file was saved in manual calc mode

To check / change calculation mode back to "Automatic":
Click Tools Options Calculation tab
Check "Automatic" OK
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---

Paul

moving cells

Thanks max

"Max" wrote:

Please note that the sample file was saved in manual calc mode

To check / change calculation mode back to "Automatic":
Click Tools Options Calculation tab
Check "Automatic" OK
--
Max