Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Val

Default formula

Hello,

I have a formula in the cell. I want to be able to enter a number in the
cell if necessary.

In the event the number is "0" or erased, I would like the formula to remain.

Thanks
--
Val
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Niek Otten

Not possible without programming. Not a good idea either. Use another cell
instead.

=IF(A1=0,OriginalFormula,A1)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Val" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a formula in the cell. I want to be able to enter a number in the
cell if necessary.

In the event the number is "0" or erased, I would like the formula to
remain.

Thanks
--
Val

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
PeterAtherton

Val

You can not enter a number over a formula and have it remain in the cell.

The secret is to enter a formula that will give you the answer you want. Say
that you wanted to show a sum that was over 50 but show a blank cell if the
answer is below 50 then =if(sum(A1:G1)50,sum(a1:g1),"")

To show a zero if(sum(A1:G1)50,sum(a1:g1),0)

Hope this helps.

Peter