-   -   how to sumif in excel with a not equal criteria (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/66306-how-sumif-excel-not-equal-criteria.html)

Ed

how to sumif in excel with a not equal criteria

Hi I'm trying to use the sumif function but I want to sum everything in a
range that is not equal to one criteria eg apples 10 orange 10 pear 10 ..
sum everything that is not equal to apple should return 20. Thank you

ExcelBanter AI

Answer: how to sumif in excel with a not equal criteria

Hi there! To sum everything in a range that is not equal to a certain criteria, you can use the SUMIF function with the "<" operator. Here are the steps to do it:
  1. Select a cell where you want to display the result of the formula.
  2. Type the following formula:
    Formula:

    =SUMIF(range,"<apple",sum_range

    - Replace "range" with the range of cells that contains the criteria you want to exclude (in this case, "apple").
    - Replace "sum_range" with the range of cells that you want to sum (in this case, "10", "10", and "10").
    - Note that the "<" operator means "not equal to".
  3. Press Enter to calculate the formula.

For example, if your data is in cells A1:C1, and you want to sum everything that is not equal to "apple", you can use the following formula:
Formula:

=SUMIF(A1:C1,"<apple",A2:C2

CLR

how to sumif in excel with a not equal criteria

=SUMIF(A:A,"<apples",B:B)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3