-   -   Data Filter in protected sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/66135-data-filter-protected-sheet.html)

Rao Ratan Singh

Data Filter in protected sheet

Sir,
I want to use data filter command in protected sheet. Oncly Because that
formula i m using in the cells should not display or suddenly can delete or
currupt.

Is there any way?

Regards

Rao Ratan Singh

Dave Peterson

Data Filter in protected sheet

If you already have the outline/subtotals applied, you can protect the worksheet
in code (auto_open/workbook_open??).

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()
With Worksheets("sheet1")
.Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True
'.EnableOutlining = True
.EnableAutoFilter = True
End With
End Sub

It needs to be reset each time you open the workbook. (excel doesn't remember
it after closing the workbook.)

--

Dave Peterson