-   -   adding number in next cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/64510-adding-number-next-cell.html)

ED

adding number in next cell

Every month I have to change the sales amount in my worksheet. I would
like this amount to be added automatically to the total for the year sales
amount in the next cell. Is this possible?

RagDyeR

adding number in next cell

Of course it's possible!

If you would like a suggested formula:

=SUM($A$1:A1)

Now, if this doesn't work for you, how would I know that, with all the
information that you gave us?

RD
-------------------
-------------------

"ED" wrote in message

Every month I have to change the sales amount in my worksheet. I would
like this amount to be added automatically to the total for the year sales
amount in the next cell. Is this possible?

Don Guillett

adding number in next cell

right click sheet tabview codeinsert thismodify a10 to your cellSAVE

If Target.Address < "$A$10" Then Exit Sub
Target.Offset(, 1) = Target.Offset(, 1) + Target

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"ED" wrote in message

Every month I have to change the sales amount in my worksheet. I would
like this amount to be added automatically to the total for the year sales
amount in the next cell. Is this possible?

ED

adding number in next cell

I guess I should explain myself a bit better.
Every month I enter the actual sales amount in Cell C13, then in Cell D13 I
enter the cummulative sales amount for the year (which I calculate manually).
The following month I enter the new actual sales amount in Cell C13 and I
add this amount to the previous cummulative sales amount from the previous
month in Cell D13. Can D13 be updated automatically with a formula every
time I enter a new amount in Cell C13?

"ED" wrote:

Every month I have to change the sales amount in my worksheet. I would
like this amount to be added automatically to the total for the year sales
amount in the next cell. Is this possible?

Don Guillett

adding number in next cell

Why not just qualify Rag's offering with an IF
or
modify mine

'If Target.Address < "$A$10" Then Exit Sub
If Target.Column < 1 Then Exit Sub
Target.Offset(, 1) = Target.Offset(-1, 1) + Target

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software