-   -   Average data/reduction (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/63988-average-data-reduction.html)

MC

Average data/reduction

I have a number of worksheets where each contains two rows of data
representing wind speed and direction recorded every 10sec (8636 records per
day). I would like to average every 60 records so that each record on a new
worksheet (or rows)represents the average wind speed and direction every 10
minutes of the day. I would also like to be able to set up a new data set
with only data recorded every 10 minutes (or other time interval)
represented. Any help would be much appreciated
--
MC

Bernard Liengme

Average data/reduction

In column A of Sheet2 I have some numbers
On Sheet3, I want the average of these in groups of 10
IN any cell in Sheet 3 I used:
=AVERAGE(INDIRECT("Sheet2!A"&(ROW(A1)-1)*10+1&":A"&(ROW(A1)-1)*10+10))
I copied this down the column and got what was needed

Can you adapt this?
To get every 10th entry I use =INDIRECT("Sheet2!A"&(ROW(A1)-1)*10+1) and
copied down the column
This gave me the data from A1, A11, A21..... on Sheet2
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"MC" wrote in message
I have a number of worksheets where each contains two rows of data
representing wind speed and direction recorded every 10sec (8636 records
per
day). I would like to average every 60 records so that each record on a
new
worksheet (or rows)represents the average wind speed and direction every
10
minutes of the day. I would also like to be able to set up a new data set
with only data recorded every 10 minutes (or other time interval)
represented. Any help would be much appreciated
--
MC

MC

Average data/reduction