-   -   Cursor turned to a square (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/62837-cursor-turned-square.html)

[email protected]

Cursor turned to a square

Help, my cursor or pointer turned to a black square - does anyone know
why or how to fix this? Thanks.

JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Cursor turned to a square

Why? Could be almost anything.

Does it happen only in Excel or in all programs?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote in message
oups.com...
Help, my cursor or pointer turned to a black square - does anyone know
why or how to fix this? Thanks.

Larry Weideman

Cursor turned to a square

It only happens in Excel. No other programs or Office programs.

CLR

Cursor turned to a square

Next question is, does it only happen in one, or a group of similar files,
or in all files including a fresh new workbook?
The drill is, to try and isolate the conditions under which the problem
manifests itself.....

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

wrote in message
oups.com...
Help, my cursor or pointer turned to a black square - does anyone know
why or how to fix this? Thanks.

ufo_pilot

Cursor turned to a square

You may have hit the 'Insert Key' by accident,
This happens in VBA codes when typed.

"CLR" wrote:

Next question is, does it only happen in one, or a group of similar files,
or in all files including a fresh new workbook?
The drill is, to try and isolate the conditions under which the problem
manifests itself.....

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

wrote in message
oups.com...
Help, my cursor or pointer turned to a black square - does anyone know
why or how to fix this? Thanks.

Larry Weideman

Cursor turned to a square

Yes it does happen with all files whether on the PC or my USB drive,
etc. Even new files. I'll have to try the insert key when I get home to
see if that fixes it.

Larry Weideman

Cursor turned to a square

Tried the insert key, any other ideas?

CLR

Cursor turned to a square

What version of Excel, and what Operating System? Have you recently changed
or "upgraded" either? Have you recently installed or uninstalled any other
programs or drivers of any sort?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Larry Weideman" wrote in message
oups.com...
Tried the insert key, any other ideas?

Larry Weideman

Cursor turned to a square

XP and 2003. No I haven't recently upgraded. No drivers or programs
that I can think of.

Larry Weideman

Cursor turned to a square

No one?

mallim

Cursor turned to a square

any suggestions ? I got the same problem.

The big black ugly square would not even go away if you just uninstall and
install again.

"Larry Weideman" wrote:

No one?