Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Aaron

Default How do I convert a word table into an excel document?

I have managed to get the info accross no problem but the formatting is all
over the place. For instance - 07/10 meaning July 2010 is appearing as 07/Oct
despite me going into format cells custom then enter mm/yy which has always
worked previously.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Peo Sjoblom

You can't use it like that regardless of formatting, you need to put in the
whole date or else Excel will always assume the current year so any real
date used for calculations needs to be numeric and needs a day, so you can
enter (assuming US date format) 07/01/10 and use a custom format of mm/yy

or if you don't need it for calculations just precede it with an apostrophe
or preformat cell(s) as text and just enter it as '07/10 (apostrophe won't
show in cell) or if text formatted 07/10

Peo Sjoblom